- Easier to build reports and visualizations with fewer clicks and common formulas
- Seamless reporting on data from different datasets (formerly explores) and projections with better joining and union capabilities
- The ability to pivot, calculate, filter, and sort through your data in real time with ease
To support our clients, we have created a Training Workbook which provides guidance on working with Slope data in Workbooks. To access the Slope training workbook, click the folder icon found in the lower left hand corner and click on Workspaces.
Under the system folder, you'll find a Training Workbook which will prompt you to "Save As" and "Edit" so you can practice working with Slope data.
How to edit a workbook:
- Editor Panel: Organizes data (axis, pivot rows and columns etc)
- Column List: Lists the columns included in the element
- Datasource: Shows columns in the element and additional columns in the datasource that are not included in the element.
- Formula Bar: Calculates data
- Data Element Window: Display area for tables, pivot tables, visualizations etc.
How to create a new workbook:
To create a new workbook click the folder icon in the lower left corner of any workbook, select 'Workspaces' > 'System' > 'Blank Workbook'. From here you can Save As, Edit and remove the explainer text by clicking the three dots of the element and 'Delete'
To add desired data elements to the blank workbook, click the + icon in the top left corner of the workbook. Select the element you wish to add and then the desired data source for the element. For example, to add a table with Product Variable results, select the 'Product Variable Aggregate' dataset.
Right clicking on the columns will allow you to rename, hide or delete and format your data columns.
Once you have finished your workbook, click publish.
How to rename, move or delete my workbook:
When looking at a workbook that is saved in one of your personal folders (under 'My Documents') or in your account workspace, you may click the folder icon in the lower left corner. Here you can take several actions including renaming your workbook, moving it to a different folder, deleting it and sending a pdf copy of the workbook via email.
How to Debug results from a workbook:
Currently, links to the debug view can be found on default workbook under the the Non-Time Indexed Results tiles. If you need to debug Time Indexed results, we recommend clicking one of the links from the Non-Time Indexed results tile and then select the desired variable and time index once in the debug view. We have future enhancements to make it easier to access the debug view coming soon.
How to export the data from a workbook:
Click on the 3 dot icon in the top right corner of the element you wish to export. Select 'Download' and then choose your desired format.
You can also email a PDF, CSV, Excel or Image file of a data element using the Send Now functionality found under the folder icon in the lower left corner of the workbook. Make sure you select the desired element from the attachment drop down.